Web Designer (with Graphic Design Talent)
We are seeking a talented individual who can design websites using Adobe XD and then build them using page building tools such as Divi and Elementor, all our websites are built using WordPress.
You will need to have great communication skills and have a flair for creativity but also the ability to liaise with clients and potential clients and build working relationships.
As a Web Designer you will be responsible for taking the customer brief and designing the visual elements for use online, reflecting the customers branding and design aesthetics. You will be able to wireframe and design layouts for landing pages, product pages and other areas of the website and test different designs to see which are most effective.
You will be able to use Photoshop and other Adobe tools to create elements that will be required in the new website and you will need to apply those designs using page building tools.
You will have a working and demonstrable knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator and be able to design for print as well as online and your Photoshop skill will need to be strong.
You will need to work closely with the sales teams and other members of staff.
The work demands creative flair, attention to detail, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. The ability to prioritise jobs and demonstrate WordPress/Web Skills is essential. Applicants should include working examples of sites and design projects they have worked on and be able to discuss their involvement in these projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Taking a brief.
· Leading the design and layout of a website, committing to competitor research whilst being up to date with the latest design trends and Google Algorithms such as the new Core Web Vitals Trio Centric Metrics as these influence page design
· You will be responsible for the design, layout build and launch
· You will need some Photoshop talent
· Creating PSD and being able to convert these to CSS and HTML
· WordPress is our CMS
· You will be responsible for applying SSL certificates and making site live across our Amazon servers.
· Implementation of SEO policies and processes is key as is structure, tagging and other related SEO applications such as Yoast
· You will be responsible for recommending plugs ins and have expertise with Woo Commerce and similar shopping platforms
· You will be responsible for website deployment including plug ins, SSL, submitting XML web maps setting up Google Analytics and Search Console
· You will advise on cookies, policies and security, setting up email accounts
· You will be involved in Graphic Design for Social Media
· You will be involved in Graphic Design for Email Campaigns
· You will collect data and use analysis to improve website performance
· You will provide training on WordPress and offer technical support to the team and customers
· You will from time to time be involved in other non-web design projects which will range from design for print, fabric and exhibition design to logos, infographics, packaging and email campaigns
· You will be involved in designing solutions for a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, apps, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, e.g. giving organisations a visual ‘brand’.
We have a commitment to ongoing training and development and have regular training events.
Who are we?
Modus Agency is a team of creative design specialists. We specialise in creative design, web, digital marketing and everything in between. Modus consists of nine highly talented, creative and customer-focused people. The team work across the three key communications disciplines: Design, Print and Online. With such a highly concentrated pool of talent, we work together to draw on our individual strengths and give access to our skill sets to our clients. We communicate across the disciplines, learning from each other and using this learning environment to grow further both individually and as a team. Over our years of working together, we have established a reputation for creative thinking and impressive creative graphic design.
· We are an award-winning full-service agency based in Worcester City centre.
· Have you got Modus DNA?
· Want to join the city’s leading agency?
· Tough enough for the challenge of an exciting driven agency with a massively diverse portfolio of clients, including international consumer brands?
If this sounds like you and something you’d like to do, fire over a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and also, tell us what your super power would be and your best Karaoke number!
Reference ID: Guy 2
Expected Start Date: 16/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,340.00-£42,458.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
We are Government assessed for Covid precautions and offer Covid Secure meeting areas.